What happens during a Legionella Risk Assessment.
During a legionella Risk Assessments some of the main areas that we are interested in are:
- How is cold water fed to the property
- Is there a cold water tank in the loft or elsewhere in the property and what is it made of
|Sealed Cold Water Tank|
- Hot water storage - do you have a hot water cylinder
- If you have a hot water cylinder does it have a thermostat and what temperature is it set at
|Hot Water Cylinder Thermostat|
- What type of boiler you have, combi or system
- Are any outlets infrequently used or are there any “dead legs”
- How many and what type of showers are there and are the shower heads clean
- Does the property have an outside tap
- What is the temperature of the cold water at the cold outlets
- What is the temperature of the hot water at the hot outlets
We will also produce a schematic floor plan showing the position of the key elements of the water system such as outlets, showers, dead legs and water storage vessels.